Saturday, April 17, 2010

I'm Going Au Naturale



I have made the decision to no longer relax my hair. I am going natural! After seeing the movie "Good Hair" and how good my daughters natural hair looks, I have made a conscious decision to no longer relax my hair. I cannot promote natural products for my skin and then put horrible chemicals on my head. That stuff is going directly to my brain, wow, what was I thinking all of those years. I wasn't! Trying to fit someone elses standard of what beauty is. Well not anymore. I cannot wait to see how my natural hair looks. I haven't seen it since I was 11 or 12 years old. This is going to be a fascinating journey back to my roots; my original black kinky, curly, wavy hair. I posted this picutre to let you see what my hair looks like now, in its relaxed state.  It's time for me to really accept my own and be myself!

I will keep you updated on my progress. From doing research on how to care for natural hair, I learned that I must water it everyday or every other day and then apply my hair care products. The water helps the moisturizer to penatrate the hair shaft. Moisture is what helps the hair to grow. Your hair cannot thrive without water. I spriz my daughters hair everyday and her hair looks beautiful!

One of the proucts that I will use to keep my hair and scalp healthy is our new Moroccon Amber Vanilla Hair Butter. It is a moisturizing and conditioning emollient for the hair. It has essential oil of Tea Tree, which cleanses the scalp. I will let you know how it goes. Take care and take life one moment at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your thoughts. Please share!